- WECC provides a well-rounded menu that is in accordance with the Canada Food Guide
- WECC offers a 5-week rotation menu that changes in the spring and fall
- WECC has a full time on site cook that prepares two snacks and a lunch that meets the nutritional daily dietary needs of our children. We also respect and offer meals based on cultural requirements and parental requests.
- Individual likes and dislikes are respected. Meal times are social and interactive times where children are taught about the food they are eating. No child is ever forced to eat or drink. Staff encourage children to try new foods to broaden their food experiences.
- Staff will communicate with parents if their child’s eating habits change.
Food totaling a minimum of half the required daily serving from each food group, for children in attendance six hours or more each day, shall be served.
Foods between meals should be planned with good dental and nutritional health in mind.
A menu will be posted for current and following weeks in a place convenient for parent(s) and guardian(s). All changes of food served will be changed on the menus. Menus are kept for six months.
A list of children with allergies or food restrictions will be kept where food is prepared and served.